Welcome to my blog. I find most of my recipes from Pintrest.com but I have some in my back pocket from my mom and those who gave me recipe's over the years. Hope this becomes a good resource for good easy cookin!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Easy Sweet Potato Casserole

I get a lot of people who like this recipe and you can do it with the pecan topping or just with marshmellows. My mom has been making this for Thanksgiving for a few years. Great for the holidays!


Ingredients:
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (I use canned)
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter (the original recipe calls for 1/2 cup but I reduced it because it is swimming in butter)
Pecan Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans (the original recipe calls for 1 cup, but it was way to much for my taste)

OR

Marshmellow Topping:
2-3 layers of mini marshmellows...one layer turns to mush.

Combine first 6 ingredients. Pour into a sprayed/buttered 1 1/2-2 quart casserole dish. Mix Pecan Topping ingredients together and sprinkle over top OR use mini marshmellows. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until hot and browned (160 degrees).
Original recipe:
http://southernfood.about.com/od/sidedishcasseroles/r/bl90911u.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment